Thứ Sáu, 8 tháng 8, 2014

What Happens When the Turkey Looks Back

Bounty, beauty, thanks.  The Trinity I-choose-to-believe is the foundation of scenes on vintage ironstone & china.


Now, too, I see complete college courses at the intersection of agriculture & horticulture.
.
For centuries 'we' looked at the turkey, above, in Thanks.
.
The turkey now asks, "What have you done?"


Fruits, vegetables, livestock, enough to feed family, barter, sell.
.
Letters would arrive, early 60's, when I was a little girl from my paternal grandmother.  Mom would call sister/me and read aloud the missive.  Her letters always included vegetable seeds from her own garden or a friend's.  To conclude the reading mom tossed seeds/letter in the garbage.  Her duty done.
.
I ALWAYS wanted to grow the seeds.  Mom's disdain palpable, it was safer to let those seeds go.
.
Dad never knew.  A brilliant NASA engineer with lives on the line, it was more unsafe to mention wanting those seeds to him.
.
A sad story, then.  But, oh my, the joy it has brought to my days since.  FREEDOM from their ways of thinking, being, doing.
.
Garden & Be Well,     XO Tara
.
In defense of dad, Ted Freeman, Charlie Bassett, Elliot See, Gus Grissom, Ed White, Roger Chaffee, co-workers, neighbors, friends, had all recently died.  USA remembers the successes, correctly so, many lived the losses too.
.

For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét