Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 7, 2014

Nurture Your Creativity

Ca. 1950 ranch.  Front yard, house on the golf course.
.
Drawn on site.  Folding table/chair moved a dozen times.
.
Don't mess with how I work.
.
How the potter molds clay, similar to how I design.
.
Feet in the garden, eyes/mind/Spirit/hand, in symphony.
.
Performing.


More regions of the brain activated, than sitting in the office on a computer.


Designing on the computer would be like playing the violin by hooking it up to wires and tapping on the computer keyboard to get the sweetest sounds played.  Not !


Whence my creativity, I know.  And, nurture.


Within that zone of creativity, is, I imagine, what others gain from cocaine.  Don't know, never tried it.  Don't need to, got better.  

 "Some get a kick from cocaine**
I'm sure that if I took even one sniff
That would bore me terrific'ly too
Yet I get a kick out of you."   Cole Porter



Each time a plan completed the awe in time.  Felt like seconds, yet hours passed.  Little in life allows me to forget time, or hunger.
.
" My general formula for my students is "Follow your bliss." Find where it is, and don't be afraid to follow it. 

Joseph Campbell
The Power of Myth
pp. 120, 149 "
.
.
Great fear, indeed.  Campbell should have added some in your life add to that fear, not trusting the path you've chosen.  
.
My father was horrified at my career choice, and embarrassed.  And vocal.  My engineering degree unused, the horticulture degree supporting me.
.
What I do for a living, and how I do it, are the best life choices, for me.  Bucking my dad literally made me ill at times.  
.
Best choice I've ever made, and the hardest.
.
Garden  & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics from jobsite this spring.
.
For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét