Thứ Ba, 1 tháng 7, 2014

2nd Best Design Rule for a Focal Point in the Garden

  Their French architecture manor house is in a subdivision with ubiquitous, and aging, landscaping.
.
Fabulous timing for me to design.
.
Hidden in the small backyard, below.
.


Lucky me, able to work with this piece.  Now, their subdivision foundation plantings are a garden & this bench is between a pair of large windows with an espalier Sasanqua behind it.
.
Don't need to know a thing about gardens to know this bench, above, trumps leggy green builder's meatballs.
.
Then the story.
.

She told me how decrepit the bench is and I could have it.  My hunger to create beautiful gardens is obviously the greater ego over owning this bench.
.
No hesitation, telling her, "I would love the have the bench but will love it more in your garden to make me look good as a Garden Designer."
.
And, I know she'll fall in love with the bench in its new location.


Then, the story of provenance.
.
An estate sale.  2 beautiful ladies lost their home to a shoddy renovation gone bad and to court.  Their home/garden had been in books/magazines including one of my hardcover books.  Worse, the ladies did not win in court yet the contractors were at fault.
.
Hopefully client/me will catch up with these incredible women again.
.
The 2nd best Focal Point rule?  Just Let It Touch.  Let the foliage 'just touch' the focal point.
.
1st rule of focal points?  Focal Points must be so wonderful they will be fought over at your estate sale.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
 For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning:

Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét