Thứ Năm, 14 tháng 11, 2013

I Know Why Your Landscape Doesn't Look Like It Should

I know why landscapes do not look the way the majority of owners want them to.


Micro: We see a beautiful landscape, in person or picture, and isolate a few things to copy.  This cuts 'the hermeneutic circle',  ("which describes how any single part (a word, a line, a data point) of a book is best interpreted after completing the whole work. The whole explains the deeper meaning of the parts, though individual parts constitute the whole." Harvard Business Review, 11-14-13)  
.
Macro: The Dirt Bias.  Somehow, the thinking goes, it's just dirt and there could not possibly be any 'great' intellect required to make dirt do-what-I-want.
.
Yet, most people are Intuitive Gardeners.   Why, then, are there not oodles & oodles of gorgeous (Human made) landscapes doting the globe?  You don't trust yourself.  Your inner voice seems too simple.
.
Why can I design the landscape you want?  I listen to your inner voice.  Instead of fearing it, I take it and PLAY !  Keeping every element simple & functional & pretty.
.
Creating beautiful landscapes is as easy as following a recipe.
.
Alas, that Dirt Bias & ego of intellect.
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
You know I was the former Queen of the Dirt Bias, glad that reign is over.
.
Pic, my lunch.  Little time to cook, the presentation is always lovely.
 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét